Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thru Day 168



Day 168 - Drywall well underway. The progress and change of trades are so inspiring - its nice to  leave the world of "guts" to the world of finishes. At the last minute I remembered the signal wiring for the programmable LED fixtures planned for the house. The effort to specify, as a DIYer, programmable, color changing LED lighting was crazy. I finally found ElementalLED (thanks to Bret Rood) out of Emeryville, CA who made this sub-project possible. Anyway, since I had my parts and was confident in the wiring schematic I forgot to advise the electrician of the required signal wiring. Quick trip to the electrical supply house and I had the wires placed just before the drywall team was placing the ceiling. It was now or never, since this house does not have an attic.
Day 168 - The overexposed part of the third image in this post is from the 52 linear feet of clerestory windows, which illuminate the central open living space and stairwell. This ceiling will be finished with clear pine.

No comments:

Post a Comment